7.1 with a drop ceiling

phips25

As you can tell by my post title I am hoping to undertake this project soon. My plan was to add on to my current system with two more RS-3IIs in the rears. However I have no rear wall that is close enough so I need to ceiling mount. My plan was to find some mount that was long enough to extend from the drop ceiling which from the place in the ceiling where I was going to mount to clearing the ceiling tile would milimaly have to be five inches but that would put the speaker right up on the ceiling which would be bad for reflections. My plan then would be to use the key hole mounts and drill two screws in a peice of plywood and atatch the mount to the plywood. I would like to avoid driling in the speakers at all costs. So, what am I trying to say I need your help find me a mount please. I know I have asked for help with my other surounds but this is different and have turnned up nothing so far and I have done alot of searching.

Thanks Phips

I have heard of this idea before could you give me some more specifics on the actual construction of the mount. I have heard that people have had to cut it down somewhat did you have to do this? Also I am having trouble finding a mount that would work where did you get yours or if someone else here has done something like this and could point me in the right direction.

Thanks for your help,

Phips

Well, We acutally got the idea from another Klipsch forum. We went to home depot and Lowes and looked at their mounts. Both were about the same price but since Home Depot was the last stop we bought them there.

We did not cut the main tube.

Securing the mount to the joist was straight forward the instructions acutally worked.

We needed to use the 4x4 due to his 10 foot ceilings. This lowered the speakers to about 7 feet. If your ceiling are not that high the TV mount can be secured tothe joist.

Check out this website;

http://www.vantagepointcorp.com/

Feel free to email directly.

scott