New forumer presentation (with a question)

niki

4 hours ago, Islander said:

Normally, only the crossover capacitors and maybe the tweeters need to be replaced after 50 years.  Maybe the K-55 squawker gaskets between the drivers and the horns also need to be replaced, but that’s about it.  They’re a flat ring, and you need two, one for each speaker.  When they they get old, they can dry out and spread into the path of the sound.  

If you want more bass, the best way to get it is wth a subwoofer (or two).  That avoids modifying your excellent Khorns, and makes the amount of bass adjustable, to suit your room and your taste.  Just be sure to get powerful subs, so they can respond to bass signals as quickly and dynamically as the Klipschorns.

Really don't have issues with the bass response; as I said, it was more a doubt about the funcionality of the components because I never had so old speakers, but I think I'll keep in mini your answer. The only issue I see by mesurements is a lack in the hf region (but I don't really hear it); don't know if is it due to my old k77 or if is normal. What about z-brackets to have the tw flush mounted like the actual KH?

20230108_182618.jpg