HELP-Save my tv from new sc .5 center speaker.

afraid

quote:

Yeah, my tv shakes. awsome center

LOL - Well, I've learned to never assume anything. If it DID shake your TV, I was going to run out and buy a couple of those SC-.5's for bass shakers for my couch wink.gif

Another dumb question (I guess it's my day to ask them - someone has to.): What happens when you move the speaker off the TV (when you are having picture problems)? Shaking stop/picture stabilizes? If so, how far away do you have to move the speaker for the picture to clear up?

I only have to lift it off the tv to get the picture to stop moving.

Its hard to explain, there is no color change, i just can see the top half of the picture kind of bend and flex around the edges.

I hope its not the magnet, but i doubt it is because it only happens when loud, and there is none of that green showing up. I have a picture of my setup at the Mods section. Check it out. The center wasent baoght yet, but you can get an idea of what my setup looks like.

quote:

Originally posted by afraid:

I only have to lift it off the tv to get the picture to stop moving.

Its hard to explain, there is no color change, i just can see the top half of the picture kind of bend and flex around the edges.

Do you have a Trinitron TV by any chance? They have a grid of thin wires for a shadow mask, and vibrations will move those wires and distort the picture.

I used a Trinitron computer monitor at work, and if I banged on it, the picture would do pretty much the same thing you're describing. Perhaps mounting the center channel on a piece of foam or putting thick weatherstripping around the bottom would solve your problem.

I have a Zenith 27" something. It was made in 1997. Found it in a pawn shop for 189.00. I has picture in picture, and the colors are excellent. Its in very good condition, it just has trouble with my new center. Never had trouble with my crappy but 3x the size cerwin vega center. That sucker was huge, never moved my picture once. I certainly hope i have a good center. My sc .5 sounds awsome on some movies and others sounds like hell. I realize it needs time to break in so i will save my judgement for later. My receiver sucks *** which i mostly the problem. My Yammie has always had trouble with the center channel sounding flat and muddled . I had an onkyo once that had very crisp sounding dialog. Cant wait for my marantz sr 8000. Bet that will clear most of the problem up.

Place a vibration damping device between the center speaker and the TV. this could be as simple as a towel or audiophile cool such as sorbothane pucks. Anything which eliminates the mechanical link between TV and center speaker will cure your problem.