Retrofit Promedia surrounds for 5.1 receiver for TV HT use

Hi,

Hoping for some retrofit advice. I purchased four small satellite speakers that appear to be from a Klipsch Promedia system. They have a THX badge, small driver and horn, and a 3.5mm jack. I got them very cheaply, so no worries if they don't work, but I'd like to use them in my home theater setup. I have no idea of their impedance or frequency range but they appear to be well made and I'm betting they sound better than my ancient Sony SS-MSP2 satellites.

My question is this--to wire up traditional speaker wires to a 3.5mm plug to connect to the speaker's jack, is it just a simple matter of soldering the R & L speaker wires to R&L wires on a 3.5mm plug (was just going to cut off a 3.5mm plug from some other old gear)? Or is there some other connectivity logic going on in these speakers that would make that not work?

Appreciate any advice (including throw them in the trash, if that's the best course of action). Also, please let me know if I should have posted this in a different subforum.

Thanks,

Joel

Edited by joebor1776