Subwoofer!

Juba310

Hey, I need help. Ok, I'm on a limited budget...and I'm looking for a nice sub thats not too expensive... I was thinking about a KSW-15... but i hear those aren't that great, and the RSW's just blow them out of the water. The problem is, the RSW's are out of my budget...even the RSW10...im looking for something thats more around the 500 mark. By the way, I will be pairing the sub with either SF-2's...or Rf-3II's. Does anyone recommend another sub that sounds good and is in my budget?

An SVS 25-31 PCi can be had for around $550, and will TOTALLY outperform the KSW. Do a search for SVS on these forums for more opinions...there are plenty to be had. Check out www.svsubwoofers.com or check www.audioreview.com for some opinions. If you're willing to lend an EAR, a certain sub junkie on these forums will be glad to provide some more detailed information...

I just noticed that Dblue recommends SVS. That would also be a great choice at its price and the guys over at SVS are absolutely fantastic with customer service - I can't think of anyone better. Over at Home Theater Forum, they constantly demonstrate that they're willing to walk the extra mile to accommodate their product users. Just this weekend, someone destroyed the amp for their SVS by through their fault, not SVS. SVS didn't bat an eye. They just agreed to fix the problem, even though they weren't under obligation to do so. Besides, they're great sounding subs and a bargain at their price.