DVD Between $600.00-$700.00 With Progressive Scan

Orion

Hi

Im going to buy a progressive scan DVD player for my Toshiba 65H80 HD television which has progressive scan built into it. I have been told to get a progressive scan unit because the TV supports it. I was wondering if anyone owns the Pioneer DV-37 Elite DVD player? If so how do you like? I see that Denon is coming out with a new unit DVD-2800, does anyone have experience with the Denon DVD's? Or can someone suggest another progressive scan DVD player of similar quality in my price range.

Thanks

Orion

Orion, the SD6200 is a stereophile (stereophile guide to home theater)recommended component. It was just reviewed in the march / april issue. Looks very nice!

Also, if you are willing to wait, Toshiba displayed a progressive scan / DVD-Audio single disc player at the Consumer Electronics Show in Los Vegas. The player is the SD4700 to be released sometime later this summer for a mere $400. That's right just $400 with both progressive scan and DVD-A. I have a Toshiba SD2200 and love it, but I see an upgrade in my near future. Unlike some of the Pioneer models, this unit has true progressive scan not just a line doubler.

IMHO I'd wait for this baby to come out. Just my two cents.

JT