The Fives update 1.00.01HW1

Hey all, i've had the worst time trying to update my speakers to be able to use the connect app, it's never worked well for me on multiple devices, i've wanted to mess with the EQ again but the app requires me to update to version 1.00.01HW1 before i can do anything, the update ironically is to improve over the air updates...

My issue is when i try to update, the connect app switches quickly between "Downloading Firmware" and "Uploading 0%" many times for 1-2 seconds then says "Update Failed" (this has happened with the app on earlier updates that have eventually worked).

I've tried many, many combinations of resetting the speakers, trying to reinstall the USB update, resetting/uninstalling and reinstalling the app, forgetting bluetooth device and reconnecting but nothing has worked.

Klipsch support were very unhelpful, giving me basic support and telling me to try the usb update again, they didn't even read that i was trying to update to v1.00.01.HW1.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? i've sat on my phone for over 30 mins at a time tapping Retry, i've tried probably close to the hundreds of times now, the last solution Klipsch gave me was to take my speakers to a very sketchy local 'repair' shop that is very poorly rated to have them looked at which i'm not comfortable with as i've had friends take appliances there only to have them not be repaired and actually futher damaged aesthetically.