CAN YOU DO THIS WITH REAR SPEAKERS?

iwillwalk

Is the Yamaha 995 a home theater receiver? If yes, you would not want to hook the rear speakers to B. If its a stereo receiver you could hook them up to B but then they wouldn't be rear speakers they would receive the same signal as the front speakers.

You will probably have to either look in your owners' manual or call yammy. If the amplifier portion that powers the fronts can handle the load than you should be okay, providing you don't leave the speaker wires connected to both the surrounds and the front B. If you are only running one wire than that won't be a problem, just change the wire at the back of the receiver and you are disco.

Good luck and happy listening!

JT

I believe you are asking if you can hook your rear speakers to BOTH the "rear" and "B speakers" connections on your receiver at the SAME TIME. Do NOT do this as when you are playing B Speakers, it is feeding back into the output of the "rear" speaker connections. This is likely to damage the receiver. If you had a means of disconnecting the rear outputs when you were using B speakers and vice versa, AND always remembered to do this, it would be OK, but you do not have that capability in the receiver.

I believe you are asking if you can hook your rear speakers to BOTH the "rear" and "B speakers" connections on your receiver at the SAME TIME. Do NOT do this as when you are playing B Speakers, it is feeding back into the output of the "rear" speaker connections. This is likely to damage the receiver. If you had a means of disconnecting the rear outputs when you were using B speakers and vice versa, AND always remembered to do this, it would be OK, but you do not have that capability in the receiver.

iwill, i have a pretty similar case w/ my sony & rear cornwalls. my options are either get a pair of smaller surround speaks & place on top of the corns, or get a new receiver.

since the remote won't switch the sony from A

to A+B, i'm going w/ the new receiver/amp (hopefully soon) biggrin.gif

------------------

Klipsch KLF-30 (front), KLF-C7, Cornwall I (rear)

Velodyne HGS-18 sub woofer

Monsterbass 400 sub interconnect & Monster S-12 cable

Sony STR-DE935 a/v receiver

Sony DVP-C650D cd/dvd player

Sony Trinitron 27" stereo tv

Toshiba hi-fi stereo vcr

Technics dual cassette deck

Technics direct drive turntable

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 digital cable box

2nd room:

Klipsch RF-3 (front), RC-3, cheap little Technics (rear)

Kenwood KR-9600 AM/FM stereo receiver (vintage '75)

Teac PD-D1200 5-disk cd player

Sega Genesis game player

Sub: None yet

rock on!