Original 1998 purchaser of ultra long term dependable KSW 15 came through a careful move with it no longer functioning

Meticulous G

Its power on/off/auto switch did get semi broken at some point years ago by a kid being clumsy around it, but that didn't stop it from working normally...it was just stuck in auto mode

It wasn't completely in my hands/sight throughout the entire move, but I don't believe anything drastic occurred along the way

When I got to the new place & set up, I was hearing a static-y noise through it, like when a volume knob/contact is dirty, but it was happening without me touching anything

Having it all hooked up & turned on, yielded no difference, and no performance

...the power indicator light changes from red to green still, but it appears that's just a reaction to whatever creates the static sound

I read about (and have always been aware of) having the rca(s) attached to the sub amp plate, but not to the source, and touching the other end of it with a thumb to make the hum sound, as a troubleshooting method

For the 1st time ever...that wasn't happening

I did remove the plate & do a primary look/poke around & didn't see anything out of the ordinary

I havent quite gotten to examining components on the board yet, because I have a nagging feeling it could possibly just be something about the bad switch?

...but am not quite electrical enginner level, even though I've successfully serviced many electronics (mostly pc's, disk readers/players, laptops, & game consoles)

so I'm proceeding slowly & cautiously 

Yes, I believe I can find a replacement amp plate for it, but I'm mostly just trying to solve the mystery of what happened, what changed...aand why

Any ideas are appreciated

...thx