Nintendo nes-001

michael hurd

I guess I'm waaaay in the past, eh ? I still own the original nintendo with quite a few games, all the classics. Is it just me, or all the new game systems just trying to compete with each other, like who has the best sound, graphics, etc ? Back then we had graphics that really sucked, but they were uber_cool nonetheless. Not to mention a MONO soundtrack that played the same tune over and over again until you got so sick of it, that you just had to switch game cartridges. Back then, we used spare game cartridges to prop up the broken bed frames. Try that with your jewel cases today ! The non-ergonomically designed game controllers had a directional pad and only two other buttons. They were single-handedly responsible for most of the carpel tunnel syndrone cases, and bruised/sore thumbs. They didn't have a vibrate function, and frequently wore out from overuse.

The lack of multiple image screens also sent a large number of televisions to the dump early because of phosphor burn-in on the screen. Oh how I miss those simpler days ! 15.gif