Hooking up La Scallas to computer, dvd, tv, cd?

JRuss

i have a pair of la scallas running off an older technics amp model sa-5270. i want to hook up my computer, dvd, tv and cd player to it. how should i do this. can it be done on this amp or do i need to find a better one? what is the best way to wire this? do i need anything special to go from the computer?

Is the Technics an amp or an integrated amp/receiver (with a volume knob and source selector)?

The connections into it will depend on what it is. Assuming it is an integrated amp or a receiver, you just hook the various audo outputs from your source devices into their appropriate inputs on the Technics. How many sets of source inputs are there?

For your PC, it depends what type of sound card you are using. If just the standard one that comes with most PCs, it's a 1/8" mini-plug. You can get an adapter at Radio Shack that will plug into that and break it out into 2 RCA jacks (left/right stereo). Just hook a patch cord to those and you're all set.

If it's not the standard audio plug (speaker jack, really), then tell us what sound card you have -- it could have RCA jacks on it, or maybe digital.

DD