KG 3.5 Info

dino

I'm looking at purchasing KG 3.5's from UBid.com. Can't find the 3.5 listed on Klipsch website. What is the retail price? Would the 3.5 compare to the SF-1? Does the 3.5 have a Tracktronix horn? Are these speakers still in production?

Thanks for any info.

Dino - Here's some specs on the 3.5:

Freq Resp: 36Hz - 20kHz

Sensitivity: 94db 1w/1m

Power Handling: 65w RMS / 325w Peak

Impedance: 8 ohms

MSRP: $530-$730/pair depending on finish

Weight: 39lbs each

Uses a 90x40 exponential horn, not a tractrix horn. Stopped production in 1997.

Doug

I also purchased a pair of 3.5s from uBid recently. They are my first pair of higher-end speakers, and I am quite impressed. I paid $266 after shipping. You have to watch out for shipping costs with ubid! I hear that these are excellent compared to other speakers in their MSRP price range ($600), let alone stuff that costs around $250!

I listened to some speakers in the $200-400/pair range at Circuit City and Best Buy. None of them even came close to the KG3.5s.

Curiously, FedEx decided to deliver each speaker 24 hours apart even though they were shipped simultaneously. So I was at work, anxious to get home all day, only to come home to ONE speaker sitting on the porch. You might want to try UPS if you have the option and you're impatient like me. smile.gif

I was in Sound Advice yesterday & they are selling the KG 3.5's. Didn't look at them except in passing--I think they were $399.

Sound Advice is knowm for working deals with Klipsch to make more of a discontinued line (last year they did the KSF 8.5 "buy 1 get one free" deal with like 20,000 pairs). If these are not in production anymore, they must be doing this again! I love these kind of deals.

Keep up the good work Klipsch!