High pitch screeching noise from front right... + one question for someone with techinical knowledge

I have a PM4.1 and it does not sound as nice, clean and clear as it should, it definately has a few problems. The most noticible problem besides the quality issues is that there is a high pitch screeching noise coming from all the speakers which can be heard from 1 foot away and a quite loud high pitch screeching noise from the front right speaker which can be heard from 5 feet away. The noise is slightly low when turned on but then it reaches a constant level after a couple of minutes and keeps annoying till i turn the system off. The screeching goes off in a way which seems as if someone has turned the motor off and at the sametime sucked the noise from the speakers. The system also distorts at low volumes when the sound gets distorted alongwith music, when played at moderate volume, the distortion goes away and then the quality issue comes into highlight..... i must say the quality is crappy infront of other PMs (two 2.1s and another 4.1). HAS ANYONE EVER HAD/HEARD OF SUCH A PROBLEM...........ANY COMMENTS ON IT

And here's a question who knows something about the internal architecture of 4.1...... i am using the 120V PM4.1s in a 230V country, so i simply can't claim warranty. I have talked to the dealer who seems confident in repairing the system for $66. My warranty lasts till July this year, now my question is whether it would be worth the wait if i send the system back to the US and get it repaired cheaply but i'd have to wait a lot for it or should i go ahead and give it to the 230V Authorized Dealer here and get it repaired....... would the dealer here manage to spoil the system?

(i made a spelling mistake in the topic name, i can't remove it now......whoever made the forum, please add this feature)