which system is better?

tgourlie

Ok I need some help here. What would be considered a better system. Music %50 and HT %50. Systems are as follows:

Front: KLF 10

Rear: Hersey II

Center: KLF-C7

Sub: KSW 15

Front: Hersey II

Rear: SP-1 (on stands)

Center: KLF-C7

Front: Hersey II

Rear: SP-1 (on stands)

Center: Hersey II

The SP-1's in the rear are only using the 5.25 and tweet as rears. The sub is Daisy chained with the KSW-15 for added LFE, and no overkill in the rear.

The more bass on hand the better. In my mind you can always turn down the gains on the low end if you want but it's nice to have in you back pocket.

And the power being supplied to the 5 channels will be no more than 100W. With that could I get all of the KLF-10's value with only 100W of fuse?

My buddies and I are in a pretty heated discussion over this. Any input would help the arguement. Thanks.

tg, I can't tell you which system would be better, you should try them all out if possible. As far as the KLF-10's go with the 100 watts. That is more than enough power. That receiver or amp will never have to crank out anything close to 100 watts with those KLF's. Those KLF's have an efficiency rating of 98db's. That would mean that at a blistering 116db's the amp would only need to produce 64 watts. That is with one speaker at one meter. You will be just fine with 100 watts with any of the speakers you mentioned.

Good luck and happy listening!

JT