Possible issue with RP-500SA Atmos/height speakers

Apologies in advance if this is the incorrect forum to ask this.

I recently moved my pair of Klipsch RP-500SA Dolby Atmos/Surround speakers from where I had been using them in an upfiring position to mounting them on my walls as height speakers. While I was using them as upfiring Dolby speakers, I had switched both speakers' Atmos/Surround switch to 'Atmos,' as this was the recommended setting that I had seen in many forums. When I was preparing to wall mount them, I switched the switch to 'Surround,' as this was the recommended setting for wall mounting, whether they're used as traditional surround speakers, or as height speakers (as I am using them). 

The potential issue I've experienced was that sounds coming from my left speaker seemed...how can I describe it: off, distanced, muffled, the wrong pitch, etc. This was from all audio sources, including my AV receiver's test tone and the tones it uses for its room correction/configuration. I have a Denon X4800H AV receiver, by the way. And just to be clear, it's not that there was no sound coming from my left speaker; rather, it just sounded wrong

I hadn't noticed any issues when I had the speakers in the upfiring position, but then I couldn't really hear them in the same way as I can with them mounted on my walls, so I wasn't sure if the issue had always been there. 

Obviously I checked my wiring, even rewired the terminals just to make sure. The positive and negative terminals were correctly aligned. And I double checked to make sure I had both speakers' switches flipped to 'Surround.' I also wanted to rule out any issues with my receiver's outputs, so I tried plugging the left speaker into the right, and used other terminals. The issue still appeared to be the left speaker. 

I was about to give up, when I decided to flip the left speaker's switch back from 'Surround' to 'Atmos.' I tried some test sounds again, and to my surprise, they both sounded the same. 

So now I am wondering if the Atmos/Surround switch on either the left (or the right) speaker is somehow...reversed? As in: Surround mode is 'Atmos' on my left speaker, or Atmos is 'Surround' on my right...? Has this been an issue for anyone else? Or, am I doing something incorrect or just losing my mind?