Klipsch Cinema 800 Sound Issues.

KenJ

Hello all,

I have a Klipsch Cinema 800 for a few weeks now. I am using the ARC from an older Samsung JS8500 LED TV. My issue is the sound is not clear. It has a slight muffled and compressed sound to it. I checked my firmware levels and they are current to the ones on the Klipsch webpage. I have tried the various presets (Standard, Direct, Movie, Music, etc.) I cannot find one that mids and highs sound better than my $75 bluetooth speaker. I am nearing my return window and I need to decide on how to remedy this. I have read reviews and comments on the great sound quality so I want to get mine to sound great. 

I have tried playing music from my iPhone and it really does not sound very good. Muffled and compressed and a sounds like a AGC limiter. 

I am not really interested in headbanging loud volume but I do want it clean and have the dialog easy to understand. 

Any advice? Open a case with Klipsch or is this just the nature of the beast and I should look elsewhere? 

Edited by KenJ