RSW-10 and RF5

jkholt

Couple of questions here.....1) Will the RSW-10 sub work WELL with the RF5 mains, and the RC7 center, all pushed by an Denon 3803?

2) Would the Denon 3803 be two much power(overkill) for the RF3-II mains, the RC3 center and the RSW-10 sub? Or would I be better served with the Denon 2802?

I will be using a pair of JBL LX-55's for my surrounds for a little while.

The main reason for the questions is that I am not sure if I am going with the RF5 or RF3 mains.

The two systems I will decide between:

RF3 Mains

R3C Center

RSW-10 sub

Denon 3803/2802

or

RF5 Mains

RC7 Center

RSW-10 or RSW-12 sub

Denon 3803

Thanks in advance for all replies to this Newbie Inquirey!!

JKH

I'm sure that the RSW10 will work wonders with the Rf5 mains and the RC7 center, and many on this board use the Denon 2802 / 3803 receivers. I'm sure that you would be happy with this combo. You could save a few bucks and go with the Rf3II mains, and the Rc3II center. In the end it mostly boils down to what you are going to be happy with. Take into account the size of the current room and / or future rooms that you will be using the system in. Also, don't forget the budget ! Money is usually always an issue, whether we like to admit it or not.