Klipsch Synergy System 6

Mike Y

I am considering purchasing the synergy 6 system. It received a negative rating from C/net, just wondering if anyone here had an opinion on that set of speakers. Here is what c/net said "Klipsch had a tough job when it set out to design the Synergy System 6 home-theater speaker system: try to deliver five speakers and a sub that look good, work well with both movies and music, and still remain affordable. This system shows so much promise that it becomes an even bigger disappointment when it fails to reproduce the critical vocal range well. "

Hi Mike - I can't say anything about the System 6 from personal experience, only what I've read on this board. You might do a search using those keywords and see what owners have said.

My only suggestion is, if you can, go eardition them yourself. One man's poison is another's candy!

Also, I always like to remember that no one ever erected a statue of a critic.

Doug

I think the system preforms better than most systems in it's price range. I understand what he means by the "voice" thing. Mine is a little weak (SC-1). I plan on upgrading when I can. It depends on what kind of emphasis you place on your system. It's an entry level system with an entry level price!

Check the date on that Cnet review. My recollection is the review covered the previous incarnation of System 6. That used 4 KSB-1.1's the KSC-C1 and the KSW-10. New System 6 is 2 SB-1's, 2 WDST SS-.5's the SC-.5 and the KSW-10. The new system is lots better.

If I am remembering wrong, then shoot me, but do listen to the System 6. For the $ it's quite good sound.

I would guess that my bedroom system is almost a System 6;KSB 2.1 mains,SC-1,SS 1 surrounds,2 SW 8 II subs.

In comparing this to what's in my living room,it sounds very good.Bedroom size is 13X21.Now for music in the bedroom I have 2 Heresy II's w/the subs.

I find the SC-1 meets my standard. biggrin.gif

------------------

Main HT:'77 Klipschorns w/ALKs,'75 Heresy center,modified with,K-Horn sqauwker & AA network.

KSP-S6 at sides 2 KSP-S6's rear.

Denon AVR-3801

2 Denon POA-2800 200X2

1 driving the Horns

1 driving the bi-wired Heresy center.

2 DIY 12"4ohm subs,Carver A500x 400 watts per ch.feed.

1 12" powered sub(behind the couch)feed from the surrounds pre-outs.

Sony DVP-C650D.Dish Echostar 4700 w/DD

JVC S7600U S-VHS

Pioneer CDL-D501 laser

Music in "Direct"only!

DH Labs T-14 speaker wire to the front 3.

Bed room HT:KSB 2.1 mains,SC-1,SS-1's,2 SW 8 II subs.

2 Heresy's for music.

Denon AVR-2800,Dishnetwork,Sony SLV-975HF VCR,Panasonic DVD-RV31.