Adding external amp to Denon and Synergy set

Iftach Landau

Hi Guys,

I am running a set of Synergy (SF2 for the front) via a Denon 3802.

I realize this might seem a modest set in US satandards, but in my location customs make electronics about twice the amount as in the US.

I want to add an external power amp to highten my system performance in music applications.

What brand and model would you recommend?

Thanks in advance.

How much are you willing to spend? How long do you want this piece to "fit" in your system - IOW, do you plan on upgrading/moving soon? Do you want to externally amplify 2 channels, 3 channels, 5 channels, more? What change are you hoping that an external amp will bring - what is your goal in adding this piece to your system?

All questions, no answers - sorry.

DD

All relevant questions.

I wish to use the external amp as supplement to the Denon receiver, so it will drive the two front speakers.

I am not totally satisfied with the receiver's performance in music.

It is hard for me to pick a price, as it will change drastically here.

Do you think it would be wise exceeding the orignal price of the Denon (around $1500)?

Thank you.

I guess I'd suggest going used, and you'd be well under the $1500 mark. Others more qualified than myself can give you suggestions. In my own case, I put an Acurus 200x3 with my Denon AVR-3300 and it added quite a bit to the front soundstage.

Be aware, however, that Denon's are rather noisy as far as pre-amps go. With the efficiency of Klipsch, I can definitely hear the "hiss" from my Denon pre-amp when I have no audio signal coming out of it.

DD