Biwiring RF-7's?

A question for everyone if I may. I just replaced an 8 year-old pair of PSB Century 800's with the Klipsch RF-7's - which I am using for stereo listening as well as for the mains in my HT setup. Currently, I am using an integrated amplifier (Yamaha DSP-A1092) to power the whole thing. I am very pleased with both stereo and HT performance, I must say (system is only used for HT about 5% of the time).

I am expecting a new integrated amplifier to arrive soon after undergoing some modifications. It is the Jolida tube amp 302B. Initially, I was just going to run my RF-7's conventionally with the Jolida for both stereo and HT. But, I understand that I may do better to bi-amp the RF-7 by using the Yamaha to power the low end, and the Jolida to take care of the highs. Does this make sense? What does anybody think about passive bi-amping?

Mitsubishi 55" HDTV - 55859

Yamaha Integrated Amp - DSP-1092A

Onkyo Integra Tuner - 7411

Naim CD Player

Pionner Elite 200 CD Changer

JVC Casette - 981 VHX

Marantz DVD - SACD - DVDAudio

Klipsch RF-7 (Mains)

PSB Stratus (Center)

PSB Silver i x 4 (Rear Effects and Surrounds)

Atlantic Technology H12SO Subwoofer x 2

AKAI AA-A12 Reel to Reel

Thanks,

Dave H1.gif

I think I am getting my terminology confused. I guess I would not be "bi-wiring" I would really be "bi-amping" (albeit passively). Does anyone else have any ideas on this.

I keep hearing that SS equipment does a little bit better at driving low-frequency drivers than do tubes. And, I have heard that this is, specifically, the one criticism of the tube amp I have selected (although they say with the mods, the Jolida 302B does fairly well with bass also). Of course, the strong suit - supposedly - of tube amps are the mids and the highs they produce, particularly with horns.

So, I figure, why not let the Yamaha driver the low freq and the Jolida drive the high end. I wish someone would tell me if my thinking makes sense.

Regards,

Dave