RS-7s How high

Bruinsrme

I was always told to have the surrounds about ear level but no more than 12" above that.

However that would look gay as hell with RS-7's lagged on the wall right in back of your head. With the RS-7 and their dispersion characteristics I don't think it's critical.

I'd also email Klipsch customer service or call them. That "Trey" is the shizznick.

Regards,

Mike

I don't think it is real critical, but I would go along with the 1-2 feet over your head recommendation. Mine are about a foot and a half or maybe two feet above my big fat head (when seated) and seem to be OK. Seems I did see a recommendation recently from one of the moderators here to place them about 5 1/2 feet off the floor. Mine are just little over that.

While standng straight up, (I am about 6 feet tall), I mounted the speaker with the center of the woofer right at eye level. It turned out to be the perfect height in my situation. IIRC, the user's guide says something like 5' 7" or so above the floor. You'll also want all your surrounds at the same level if possible. These pictures of my rig give a good idea to how high my surrounds are mounted (since those pictures where taken, I mounted my RS-7s on shelves instead of bolting them directly to the wall - once I get a good digital camera, I'll take some better pictures).

Cluless,

My HT is in the cellar and along the way the tongue and groove and 2x3s have probably suffered multiple damp/dry cycles. 24 pounds is a lot of weigh for a couple of screws. So with a shelf - backsplash - and supports that is at least 6 to 8 screws. I feel a little more comfortable with that. Wure wood will be about $60 for the 4 speakers but its a little piece of mind that goes a long way. IMO

Scott