Alternative to design flawed Promedias.

Zubs

Hi guys,

I'm a ever so slightly disgruntled ex customer of Klipsch from the UK. After looking forever for someone in the UK that sells the thing, and dissapointed with the lack of a 220v version of the 5.1s I bought the 4.1s from their only UK dealer.

Few months in the things blow. Klipsch didn't want to talk to my dealer (hehe) and so I went for the refund.

Spent the money on a set of Acoustic Energy Aego5s for jus £80 more. Bloody chuffed, sub kicks *** and the amazing sats sound (hmm another word for amazing) astounding.

Took freakin ages to get a refund sorted for the 4.1s so not got a fresh ear full of the Klipsch to compare accuratly. But I'm sure they're better hehe.

So if your looking for a alternative in the UK go for these.

I'll eat my words if in a few months these blow too 9.gif

alright here's the truth, i have heard two variations of 4.1s. One that sounds pretty cool with a more enveloping effect than the 2.1s.... but still the bass limiter kicks in too early as compared to the loudness of bass on 2.1s.... and i don't mind the rears in music. The other one sucks bigtime, the sound quality is not good at all, infact i enjoy the quality of my altec lansing ACS33 ($50) more than those PMs, and i am not kidding, the bass limiter as usual kicks in too early. I have heard two of those crappy 4.1 sets.... crappy right out of the box....

as far as 5.1s are concerned i never commented on them, infact i never got the chance to hear them, but i can conclude that they are awesome WHEN they work.

Honestly, I just wish klipsch made a slightly bigger port, because air turb. hits far too quickly and drops the bass down 3db, I hate it. I'm thinking of sticking some polyfil around the drivers and port, maybe keep down the rattling in the port. however I have to test some more, cause I don't know what it would do as far as freq. response, or transient response.