stupid hiss from rear left

pinipig523

can never get rid of it.

i went to circuit city to buy new stands for the new klipsch bookshelfs i got (for the new home theater system, woohoo) and i decided to get a set of promedia 4.1s. i set it up and still found that there was a hiss on the rear left....

i was like... son of a *****....

is this a widespread problem?

... take them back I got mine this week and I hear no hiss ... they give you 15 day to return them and get your money back ... otherwise you would have to go through Klispch ... the hiss sound it's not your computer is coming from the amp or something inside the subwoofer ... don't even bother taken back ... mine sound really nice ... after I bought some garbage refurbished ... don't ever buy refurbished speaker ...

good luck man

im gonna end up taking them back, but this is my second set and they both have the hiss...

i'll deal with it once i have the time to, but for now - i cant. i hope my next set doesnt have that hiss...

i still need to know if this is a widespread problem with the 4.1s.. i've read a few postings regarding a hiss from teh rear left speaker - so im just curious.

This is a widespread problem. The 4.1s *will* break down within 6 months of purchase. I'm dead serious when I say return them while you can. I ended up getting Logitechs Z560s. They cost $149.99 after the $50 rebate at best buy. I had bought the 4.1s for $239, and if you buy em direct from Klipsch they run $299.

i dont care too much about the hiss... just enough that i try to find ways to fix it (either by buying other 4.1s and once i find one without a hiss, i replace my sub with that).

if i had to live with the hiss, i would. personally, i think the 4.1s are a great speaker set... so what if there's a hiss, just turn down the volume when ur not using them, thats what i do.

what matters is when u do use them - and boy do they sound great. not as great as my synergy home theater, but great enough.