What type of wire should I use??

Bobby

----------------

On 3/25/2003 10:56:15 PM Bobby wrote:

I am building a new home and will be wiring for in-wall speakers. Any recommendations on what gauge/type of wire to use. I know it has to be CL rated but that is about it. My longest run of wire should be about 70 feet.

----------------

Will these in wall speakers be used for a home theater system, or are they going to be a distributed music system throughout the house? If for home theater, then the bigger the better, remember you can always cut strands from a large wire to make it fit in a smaller speaker terminal. I used Liberty Wire Ultra Cap 2 conductor for my prewire. It's Thx Certified for runs up to around 70-80 ft if I remember correctly. Great stuff, you can get it from One Call or a few other online electronics stores. They also sell the Extra flex in wall speaker cable as well. It's a little cheaper, but I can't vouch for it's quality. Either will probably be fine. Hope this information helps you.1.gif

----------------

On 3/25/2003 10:56:15 PM Bobby wrote:

I am building a new home and will be wiring for in-wall speakers. Any recommendations on what gauge/type of wire to use. I know it has to be CL rated but that is about it. My longest run of wire should be about 70 feet.

----------------

I did the same thing for our basement. I bought a 500 ft spool of monster cable 14 gauge 2 conductor for under $200 on ebay. (They wanted a $1 a foot at Audio King.) That worked well, although you may want to consider bigger sheilded wire for your two fronts and maybe the center.