DD5.1 Require monster Cables?

MrBW

I've been readin reviews from a lot of DD5.1 owners and mostly everyone states that Monster Cables are essential to buy with the system. Klipsch sells them for 80 bucks, is that worth it? How much gain do I actually get outa these?

I assume you are talking about Monster Cable Speaker Wire for the Promedia 5.1. I was hard pressed to notice a difference with the new cables in regular mp3 listening, but man, once I put in a DVD or listened to CD audio the difference was obvious. The bass was much cleaner and the highs crystal clear. The wires do make a difference. How much you gain is obviously a personal opinion. I feel like it was worth it, but Uncle Sam just gave me lot of money to burn. 1.gif It is an improvement at any rate. Right now you can get the 5.1 set from Klipsch's online store for $69.99. I did a little price checking around the web for similar cables and I couldn't find a better deal. Buying from Klipsch just to save the hassle of cutting the wires yourself and putting the ends on is worth it. Not to mention these cables are LONG! I can finally position my speakers where I wanted them in the first place. Not a bad deal. 1.gif