Oris horn on top of Klipschorn?

I've not heard it, but given how good the Welborne Maya sounds, I've thought about doing this. It's not a cheap mod though. If I ever do it, I think I'd opt for the Oris 200 as the Khorns bass goes up to 400+ Hz. The AER drivers are quite expensive, but IME, much better than the Lowther units. Ron W has been demoing his Mayas with AER drivers lately.

Currently, I've modified my Khorns using an Altec 806A driver and 511B horn with the stock tweeter and found it a significant improvement over the K55M/400 horn, but the Oris/AER combo is still lurking in the back of my mind.

A buddy uses Oris horns with Supravox drivers and JBL 4648s for bass. Sounds nice but lacks the clarity and sharpness of compression driver-horn combinations, also kinda shy on the high frequencies though that's less of a problem than the general "mellowness" and soft sound of the things.

I'm considering an Oris horn as a midrange. I just want to fatten up the mid frequencies. I'm also very interested in a JBL 2482 or Altec 290 crossed over at 300hz. I'm also looking into an array of 5 inch drivers and tractrix (bowls and rectangles) horns. I must admit, a big compression driver that can go down to 300hz seems to be leading the list. Whatever I end up doing, I'll keep the Klipschorn top stock so I can put it back on. Maybe I'll end up building all of them, cuz I've really got the modification bug bad. That's what hobbies (obsessions) are all about, I guess.

Bye the way, I've just bi-amped my Klipschorns with AES 300b running the mid/tweet and a KTA 30/30 300b push-pull on the bass horn. This give me a 4 way hybrid system (3way active Marchand with passive between mid/tweet) with my 18" subs crossed at 60hz. I guess I've created a low end that needs a stronger hi end... I have no one to blame but myself.