To klipsch engineers

stevevannoy768

The RB-75 uses a proprietary, high-performance compression tweeter with a 1.75-inch titanium dome diaphragm and an enormous 14-ounce video-shielded magnet. Among tweeters designed for home loudspeakers, it is unrivaled for clarity, efficiency, power handling, freedom from distortion, and reliability. Close behind it, however, is the 1-inch titanium-dome tweeter used in the RB-35, RB-25, and RB-15, which features a high-energy, video-shielded Neodymium magnet.

As in all Reference Series speakers, the tweeters are coupled to Klipsch square Tractrix® horns with 90 degree horizontal by 60 degree vertical dispersion. The horns increase sensitivity while minimizing the room interactions that blur the sonic detail and imaging of conventional speakers. In the new models, the horns are molded into the front baffles for reduced diffraction and a cleaner, more stylish appearance. Grilles attach with magnetic pins, which make them both easier to handle and more resistant to breakage than conventional attachment pins.

The crossover networks are constructed using extremely high-quality components, including bandwidth-balanced Monster Cable® wiring, polyester film-type capacitors and air-core inductors, to ensure proper driver blending and no degradation of the incoming signals. Inputs are via bi-wireable binding posts.

A key design goal for all the new Reference Series speakers was installation flexibility. The RB-75, RB-35 and RB-25 all have front-opening, optimally flared ports to facilitate placement in cabinets or against walls. And the RB-35, RB-25 and RB-15 have both back-panel keyholes for flush mounting to walls and threaded inserts for attachment to popular adjustable wall and ceiling brackets.

Woofer diameters are 8-inches for the RB-75 and RB-35, 6.5-inches for the RB-25, and 5.25-inches for the RB-15. Tentative U.S. MSRPs for these models are $1,200/pr., $600/pr., $400/pr. and $300/pr. respectively. They are expected to be available in March 2003 (with international distribution following 30 days later). Final pricing will be announced in February 2003.

FROM KLIPSCH NEWS WEBSITE.....................

Guest Webmaster

I've been told that the info and specs for the Reference product should be going up on the website sometime next week, so keep a lookout for that. It's out of my hands though, so I'm not making any promises here. I'm just letting you know what I've heard.