Forte III???

CatManFever

I heard someone mentioned they'd like to see the Heritage or some of the classic series revived and name them the 3rd of whatever.

My question is this, what Forte to revive, the Forte I or the Forte II, or perhaps a hybrid? Where the midrange horn is in between the size of the original horn and the huuuuge size of the II? What about the "too big" radiator in the back of the II? Maybe a 13.5 inch radiator compromise? Hahahaha....

Personally, of all the speakers in the world, I consider the Forte, Chorus, Quartet (especially with the clever wood base built in), and Klipschorn and some of the other older speakers by Klipsch as some of the most beautiful speakers ever made, especially with exotic wood.

Another speaker company I admire is the Ohm Acoustics when they made the Walsh Series speakers with beautiful wood veneer in triangular shapes.

Now, they make'em look like ugly straight towers with caster wheels of all things. (Maybe living in Brooklyn with the Twin Towers was too much of an inspiration). Sounds a lot like the new Klipsch with cheap plastic feet. Boy, would Paul turn in his grave if he ever heard of his speakers with plastic feet!!!6.gif

----------------

On 4/11/2003 3:16:29 PM CatManFever wrote:

I heard someone mentioned they'd like to see the Heritage or some of the classic series revived and name them the 3rd of whatever.

My question is this, what Forte to revive, the Forte I or the Forte II, or perhaps a hybrid? Where the midrange horn is in between the size of the original horn and the huuuuge size of the II? What about the "too big" radiator in the back of the II? Maybe a 13.5 inch radiator compromise? Hahahaha....

Personally, of all the speakers in the world I consider the Forte, Chorus, Quartet (especially with the clever wood base built in), and Klipschorn and some of the other older speakers by Klipsch as some of the most beautiful speakers ever made, especially with exotic wood.

Another speaker company I admire is the Ohm Acoustics when they made the Walsh cylinders with beautiful wood veneer in triangular shapes.

Now, they make'em look like ugly straight towers with caster wheels of all things. (Maybe living in Brooklyn with the Twin Towers was too much of an inspiration). Sounds a lot like the new Klipsch with cheap plastic feet. Boy, would Paul turn in his grave if he ever heard of his speakers with plastic feet!!!
6.gif
----------------

Boy would Paul turn in his grave if his company went out of business 2.gif - we still have the Heritage Series, don't complain. I will be buying some of the new RF-35's when I have the cash because I can afford them. People buying "new" Klipsch is what is keeping them going, and they are hitting price points across the board.