Updating the RF3, RF5 and RF7

cc1091

OK..I have a great idea.. Lets update the reference line with slightly newer looking, slightly less massive drivers, that have slightly less impressive specifications and then add zoobie new plasticized mortarboards hidden behind the grills and charge a few bucks more for them...

Oops...too late..Klipsch beat me to it.7.gif

< sorry..had to get that out of my system >

----------------

Lets update the reference line with slightly newer looking, slightly less massive drivers, that have slightly less impressive specifications and then add zoobie new plasticized mortarboards hidden behind the grills and charge a few bucks more for them...

----------------

Actually, weren't they designed to be less expensive than the current reference series (Rx-3II aside)?

• 2 weeks later...

RF-3II and RF-35 are nearly the same model. Other two newbies are certainly smaller.

Price of the RF-35 is still unknown to me.

Performance is nearly the same except that the RF-35 is rated for 25 watts less maximum continuous power and 100 watts less peak power. Also crossover from tweeter to mid is in a very different location (perhaps because the new horn driver has a problem below 2600 hz, or did klipsch finally decide 1975 hz was just too low for a tweeter).

You can bet that Klipsch did not add three speakers to the lineup so they could loose money. Bet on seeing the RF3, 5 and 7 phased out over the next year or two and be replaced with one model (well OK, maybe 2 models)

CC