Tri Path 10 watt amp

jnorv

I finally picked up a Tripath eval board (EB-TA2020), 10 watts/channel. I just plugged it into a car battery and put in my system as the HF amp in a bi-amped setup. I am using 802Ds on 511B horns. It is not bad for $100. I put in place of a 300B SET. I have not listened long enough (LT 1 hour) nor gone back to compare with the 300B, but it will easily fill the need for casual or background sound.

Jim N

jnorv,

The Tripath is quite a technology. Two easy things tou can do to make a big improvement:

1) Place the biggest plastic (preferably polyprop) caps you can fit in parallel with the audio input caps.

2) Place the biggest and best (I use 2,200 uF) electrolytics you can find, in parallel with the existing output stage power caps.

Otherwise, I'm sure you're enjoying the amps. I use mine all the time for casual listening.

leok

I will give that a shot. How about the other mods you recommended for the 1101? Not sure I know how do that. They sound great out of the box. Any simple improvement would be icing on the cake. At some point I will try them on the bass to see if they have enough umph. Maybe on my LS's.

Jim