SW-V vs SW-8 Series II

chaos5

Can anybody tell me what are the differences between the SW-V and the SW-8 Series II? I've read the specs, and the basic differences (port vs. passive radiator, amp size, etc) are obvious, but what niches did these units fill in the product line, as they were both sold during the same period? Is the SW-V somehow video shielded or some such?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Other than the differences you listed and those found in the specs on this site, the differences to me are this: I would not even consider buying the ported sub. The SW8II is a decent sub but is limited in output. If you're considering a sub for you're setup, I wouldn't buy anything smaller than a SW12II. I ran one for years with my KG5.5's and I still have it today. Check E-Bay. Someone gave one away recently for $165.

If you are looking for a good sub I would consider some of those discussed in that forum. Good luck.

Keith

Thanks for the advice. I ended up finding the info I wanted on the older low-end subs. Then I ended up buying an SW12-II for $189.

One of the SW-8II's is already sold, with the other headed for the GF's system.