V2-400 And 4.1 Users

Consumer

Consumer Research:

Difference between the V2-400 and the 4.1

Klipsch Tech support wrote:

The 4.1 will be exactly like the V2-400, except with the new control pod and improved crossovers. The specs will be the same.

Difference between the 2.1 satellite and the 4.1/V2-400.

The 2.1 satellites are 35W, the 400s are 60W. The new crossovers basically allow for better sounding midrange. Since you are positioned closer to the front speakers (probably), you will hear a slight difference if the 2.1 sat is in the front.

More info on the 2.1 satellite

The extra part in the 2.1 satellite is a crossover. You will hear a difference, especially if you use that satellite in a front position. The rear won't matter as much.

You will get better midrange sound, but not as much power. We cannot exchange a v2-400 sat for a 2.1 sat, because what we have is for warranty parts.

Consumer Findings:

Ok Ive come up with something brilliant for those who are not concerned with pure power but better quality sound. Before I go on I just wanted to let you know that Im more of a Home Audio enthusiast before you critique my system. I have also purchased a full Klipsch home audio system for myself and I know what to look for in a serious system.

I had purchased the V2-400 in January and I was amazed at the amount of sound that those speakers could deliver But there was something missing...

As you already know, with a home theatre setting, your system usually sits in a larger room but more importantly is where youre positioned. How many of you sit right in front of your TV/Stereo when youre watching a movie or listening to your music? Exactly, youre positioned in the middle or back of the room where your couch is probably sitting. (Im speaking for the majority of course)

But in your PC room or home studio you tend to sit right in front of your monitor where your front speakers usually sit. This is when I first discovered the missing ingredient because when I wanted to pump my music up to get the full effect of my rear satellite speakers surround sound my ear drums were being driven by the two front speakers. So I exchanged the two front speakers with the 2.1 versions, which obviously drive better midrange sound. And the results

Crisp quality sound and plenty of compliments from friends who already have the V2-400 and the new 4.1 speaker set. I can get great sounding vocals and bass from the front speakers while the treble kicks in from the rear speakers. And of course the subwoofer keeps the bass vibrations flowing to.

Maybe we can call my system the 4.2.

Klipsch Enthusiast.