Recommendation going from 5.1 to 7.1

ChadA

Hi everyone,

I picked up the following speakers used as a package:

(2) RB-5's

(2) RS-3's

(1) RC-3

I already have an SVS subwoofer.

How should I convert this to a 7.1 setup? I'm in the process of finishing out a dedicated theater room (18x27) and am sinking most of my cash into that so I'd appreciate your thoughts as to the most cost-efficient upgrade path. The only thing I know is that I want to upgrade the center to an RC-7.

One thought I had was to get another RC-3 and use them as either the side surrounds or the rear surrounds? What do you think would be best?

Alternatively, a more expensive path would be to pick up an RC-7 and RS-7s. I'd use the RS-7's as side surrounds and RS-3's as rear surrounds.

Thanks in advance,

Chad in Austin.

You could buy Rf35 or 5 and put them up front and move the rb5 to the side providing you have a situation that you can setup to leve the port exposed on the back and move the rs3 to the back. Or you could move the rs3 to the side and the rb5 to the back but the first is the prefered choice. If you do plan to upgrade to the rc7 I would upgrade to the rf7 as well.

Phips