rear in walls

bailey

what is the best way to use inwall product for rear use in a high end theater setup? I have been told to use 2 speakers for each rear channel, with one on the rear wall and one on the side, is there a need to run them out of phase?

I don't know about the best way to do inwalls but I'll tell you a little bit about mine. The previous owner put 4 Klipsch synergy series in walls into the ceiling so I'm using those as my surrounds and rear surrounds. So far the sounds from the in walls are okay at best.

Sam

what is the best way to use inwall product for rear use in a high end theater setup? I have been told to use 2 speakers for each rear channel, with one on the rear wall and one on the side, is there a need to run them out of phase?

----------------

The only reason you'd want to use 2 sets of rear speakers if if you're setting them up for 7.1. I set up my parents house in a similar fashion when they finished their basement. I wired for 7.1, which I recomend, but only hooked up one set of rears, some refrence in ceilings (rcr5s i think) anyway, it works quite nicely for the rears in the 5.1 setup.

no need to wire them out of phase...if you end up doing one on the side wall and one on the back wall, then phase will have no effect at all (waves traveling at 90 degress to each other don't suffer from it)

if it's 7.1 then you will need the 4 surround speakers, but if it's 5.1 then it'd prob sound better with just the two surround (as the others have suggested)