Legendary Front Effects

In response of those who asked about Home Theater Front Effects, here is a Klipsch imposed <20k photo of a pair of SB-2's mounted six feet high and a yard outside of the KLF 30 mains. Too bad you can't enjoy the <200k version.

The stands are made from a length of ABS 4x4 black sewer pipe cut in half, end caps to hold the speakers (industrial Velcro)and a metal/ABS metal collar screwed to a 12" oak round about 3/4" thick. 10 lbs of shot in the bottom keeps them rock steady.

The Front Effects speakers allow the KLF 30's to be close in to the reverse projection HD1081 and KLF C-7. Hence, all dialogue is tight to the screen and sounds erupt from the screen to the mains and radiate out to the front effects... for a "big theater" six-speaker front sound stage... complimented with a six-speaker rear effects array mounted just high enough to get the higher frequencies over the chair backs. The next project will be to develop a better low bass environment. Oh, and the glue bit in the caption stems from a sudden rattle that developed in a very narrow seldom used frequency range in the right KLF 30... so the beat goes on... for now! HornEd

KliptLegend.jpg

------------------

"Klipsch by the Dozen"

Front Six Pack:

KLF 30's R&L + KLF C-7

KSW-15 Sub, SB-2 Effects

Rear Six Pack:

KLF 10 thru KSW-12 L/C/R

Speaker Support Systems:

Mitsubishi RPHD1080 65"

Yamaha RX-V3000 Receiver

Happy Ears x2!

I too am hooked on Yamaha's front effect channels. I have the older model, RX-V2092.

I'm ready to buy the RX-V3000. It offers 8 channel stereo , DVD Audio capability & a center rear channel. All of which mine is lacking. How do you like the RX-V3000 ?

Q.

I have had very good fortune with Yamaha in home theater environments. Years ago, in a 60 seat showroom theater I piggy backed two Yamaha surround sound units to rave reviews of audio pros. The v3000 is a great unit that comes very close to the current top of time with the major difference being then proprietary 42hz chips for HT plus a modest 10% boost in power to six discrete channels.

But frankly Q, I would wait a bit before I jumped for a Yamaha this early in the year. Denon 5800 is using some algorithms from dts that I expect to see in Yamaha's next iteration later this year. These algorithms turn virtually any source into a 6 (or 7) discrete channel sound feast. I would also hope that the new Yammies will have increased flexibility and control of bass management issues.

Frankly, the V3000 is not the world's best two channel environment... but then again no one said it was trying to be. And I get far more value out of the proprietary DSP's than most people admit to. Again, the critical measure is the sound one enjoys... and not the snooty platitudes of someone else's ear.

It is nice to hear someone else is getting extra jollies from the Yammie front effects function... once they are set up correctly, it is hard to think of home theater without them. HornEd