tube rolling the audcom

well, i think i'm done playing with tubes and cables on the audcom. i never did try any vintage tubes in it, but i did try 6ca7EH's and 12ax7EH with excellent results. since the last post on the audcom i tried a new cable(analysis-oval one)$60. this cable was or seemed darker than the $12 accoustic research cable i was using, but the more i used it the better it sounded. not as transparent as the cheaper cable, but more of a smooth quality sound and the brightness i had all along was gone. when i approached the 200 hour mark on the cables, i purchased a quad on fat bottle EH's and a pair on 12ax7 EH's. still using the same sovtec input tubes. i'm very pleased with my current combo of tubes and cables. i must say that the 6ca7's have expanded the sound field greatly, but not to the point that i'm completly happy with. next project will be building a pre amp(bottlehead-foreplay)this fall. rangeroo22, if you have'nt tried these fat bottle 6ca7EH's yet, i think you might like them. dave1.gif