Newbie which receiver HK or Denon

kx2004

When I had my 3802 there was no way to redirect bass to the subs when using the multi inputs.

In my opinion the multi inputs should not redirect bass to the subs unless the receivers/preamps manufactor includes analog bass management. ie implimenting a HP crossover for the other speakers.

The 5.1 inputs should be a straight analog bypass. There are products on the market that allow for proper BM when using the 5.1 inputs or the SACD/DVD-A players should incorporate BM.

If manufacters insist on redirecting bass to the sub while using the multi inputs, they should allow the user the option of turning the redirect off.

Outlaw comes the closest to this with their BM on the 5.1 inputs of their 950pre/pro but if you turn it off you get bass doubling. Rotel also redirects bass to the subs thru the 5.1 inputs, but they have finally given owner the option of correcting this with a simple modification.

Im unsure about the 3803 or HK 525.

Just my .02

earle