RF-3 driver has crimp

I just got my HT setup Its awesome....

Speakers (RF-3, RC-3, RS-3)

Amp DENON 3801

TV Hitachi 60SDX HDTV read.

However, I noticed one of the bass drivers has a crimp/crease in the cone.

My question is ....

should it make any real differnce.

The reason for the question is that the speakers were a replacement for a set(not klipsch) that got burned up when part of house caught fire. The insurance adjuster sent them from someplace on the westcoast and the adjuster told me to go through KLIPSCH. Unfortunately, that means shipping them at my expense to KLIPSCH and being without them for 3-4 weeks.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreaciated.

My rf-3's got hit with a golf ball (damn friends)

And it but a small crease in the cone. It doesn't seem to have affected the sound at all. But if it was me I would try to get them right from the start.

• 4 weeks later...

The woofers are just moving air. It ccan be argued that each wave is slightly out of alignment causing it to bounce at a different time from the waves of the other woofer. But could you hear it?

You could buy a replacement speaker and swap it yourself. I don't think Klipsch will trust us to replace a warranty woofer without damaging it (worse than yours already is damaged.) These 8" woofers are heavy.