Center channel help

I noticed last night my center channel was sounding muffled and then some cracking coming from the tweeter. My center is a KV-2, mains are Forte IIs and they are being powered by a Denon4802 (a new pruchase). First question is am I over powering this center channel with the 4802? The specs on the KV-2 says 50 watts and the 4802 is putting out a lot more than that. Did I blow the center channel? Could it be just the tweeter that is blown? The original part is a K-89. Is there a replacement? Is it worth replacing or will I just do it all over again? If I need a new center channel which one is a match with the Forte IIs and a 4802. Thanks in advance.

IMO, it would be difficult to blow the tweeter unless you were REALLY cranking it continuously, but it is possible. Tune in white noise between FM stations on your tuner and play it through the center channel (put the Denon in 5-channel stereo mode or something) and listen closely to the tweeter. How's it sound? If it's bad, call 1-800-KLIPSCH to check on a replacement.

This should not be a recurring experience, unless you are really cranking it all the time, and I mean REALLY cranking it.

DD