What's the maximum temperature before you kill them?

Any temperature that is within the range of human survivability should be fine !

That said Anyone trying to survive at either end of that scale is either incredibly well insulated or an incredibly bloody-minded audiophile ! 9.gif

So you mean I can run them at any bearable temperature, (100° or10°C) without warming them up, or cooling them down and expect normal performance out of them. Thats performance ,thats technology. Thats assume!

Add that to the growing list of why Heritage is King.

Thanks lynnm, I learned something new today.

2.gif

I have heard of speakers being used out doors in the summer for PA systems failing after an afternoon in the St. Louis summer sun, and I would think the HF diaphrams would get brittle in extreme cold.

Having said that, I have used LaScalas, Heresys, and Cornwalls outside in the St. Louis summer sun all afternoon, until the cabinets were too hot to touch, without any problems. I have also brought the above speakers inside after a night in a van parked in sub-zero temperatures, and put them "right to work," and had no problem there either.

So I guess what I'm saying is - I wouldn't do it as a common practice, but you could probably get away with it. 9.gif