Silly season deal....

maxg

Well I met a guy who knows a friend who is a regular traveller to Dubai. He also happens to be a very serious audiophile.

As a result of this combination and in conjunction with the fact that he is obviously a wheeler/dealer he has picked up a long list of audiophile stuff that he is looking to sell.

After a few conversations we have agreed a price for me to buy the lot (at massive discounts from the RRP) and I have provisionally sold most of it making a small profit along the way.

All that is left to do now is to ensure that none of it is stolen and I should make enough money to get something rather nice for me.

Now, I know what you are thinking. Why not just buy a few of the products that he has, if they are so heavily discounted? Well, frankly, they are just too audiophile...

Following is a list of the products with their estimated RRP here in Greece:

FM Monoblocks (model?) 293,470.29

FM Preamp (model?) 58,694.06

Eaglestone IVY Speakers 117,388.11

SME 30 TT (no arm) 26,118.86

Forsell Airforce TT 33,749.08

Accuphase A50 amp 19,369.04

Accuphase DC100/DP101 64,563.46

Accuphase 290V Preamp 20,542.92

Thorens TT (model?) 5,282.47

1 Euro is about $1.18 at the moment.

As it happens I had never heard of most of this stuff - we are in the silly league here - strictly for people who want to spend money, rather than time, perfecting their systems.

Now I want to make it clear here that I am not offering to sell any of this stuff here (no idea about exporting it to the US with import duties and all, not to mention the weight of some of these things!!!)

This is just to share a list of ludicrous products that came my way. Were it not for the fact that all of this stuff is, apparently, still in its original boxes and unused I must admit to more than a passing interest in hearing some of it in my house, but, I am going to be strong and resist.

Except maybe that Accuphase SACD thingie....That I really do want to hear. It is supposed to be the best of the best and I cant help wondering how it sounds expecially as I was so disapointed with SACD on the Sony NS900...

If I do weaken I will let you all know my impressions!