Is DD 5.1 right for me?

kickback

I have a modded xbox that I plan on using as my dvd player. I have an HTDV tuner (Samsung SIR T-151). I want to be able to connect an IPOD. I have an old receiver that does not have an output for a subwoofer (so I am thinking of moving this to the bedroom). Would the DD5.1 with the THX Promedia 5.1 speakers work for my xbox, xbox as dvd player, HDTV STB, and Ipod?

I really like the sound of these speakers and would rather go this route than Home Theater in a Box....I just need to know whether I am being stupid here.

Finally, I see the 5.1 speakers for sale on ebay for 240 dollars. This seems to be too good to be true....was wondering what the klipsch policy on resellers/warranty is?

Thanks in advance!

It's right if you consider the type of connections you want to use.

The DD 5.1 has COAX,Optical and 3 Analog

Your HDTV Tuner can use the COAX.

Your XBOX can use the Optical. Try the Monster Game.

Get the Monster iPod cable for the Line In.

That leaves Aux 1, and Aux 2 for other devices, such as a VCR or something.

Klipsch Warranty Info clip

This Warranty is invalid if (a) the factory-applied serial number has been altered or removed from this product or (B) this product was not purchased from a KLIPSCH authorized dealer. You may call 1-800-KLIPSCH to confirm that you have an unaltered serial number and/or you purchased from a KLIPSCH authorized dealer.

This Warranty is only valid for the original purchaser and will automatically terminate prior to expiration if this product is sold or otherwise transferred to another party.

http://www.klipsch.com/helpcenter/warranty_detail.asp?session=y&type=Klipsch

Doug