Scott 299C For Sale To The Forum First

greg928gts

I've acquired a Scott 299C with a wood case. I considered sending this to NOSValves for the works, but I know in the end it's not what I'm really heading towards for my system. I think someone else should enjoy this piece.

The face is very clean with only a couple of tiny marks. The only lettering that is worn is near the power switch, but all other lettering on the faceplate is perfect. The wood case has small scratches, but nothing so deep that they wouldn't sand out easily. The screen on the wood case has come loose, but can easily be re-attached. If I were to refinish the cabinet, I would remove this screen anyway. The cabinet has big, cheesy plastic feet. The knobs on this unit are metal with brown plastic around them. Everything is there, all knobs, switches, etc... I plugged it in and it made sound. I didn't do much evaluation because I figured it's going to go to NOSValves anyway and get the "treatment". I haven't had it out of the case, so I don't know about the tubes. There are 5 tubes across the back and I can read Scott on one of them, and another looks like a replacement. The lettering on the back panel is worn quite a bit. If you're interested I can snap a couple of digital photos and send them to you. I'm taking offers.

Greg