finally decided and pulled the trigger!

manufanatic

Hello all after himin and hawin for about 8 months i pulled the trigger and bought the Elite 47TX. 1300 with a 2 year warranty. I was thinking about the HK 7200 but it just didnt have the inputs i wanted. It will be here in about 18 hours. Now i have to tell the wife.

BTW Anyone need a slightly used Yamaha DSPA 3090

PM me

Just hooked up the Elite and its pretty cool. Not quite sure it was worth the 1300 upgrade yet. The Pro logic 2 is a brilliant feature and the MCAAC is awesome. The only negative is thier were some scratches on the unit (refurb) but you cant see them in the rack.

I chose the Pioneer because of the additional rear optical inputs the additional component input the AC3-rf input more power bigger footprint and for me personally i didnt like the look of the HKs. They look plastic and they are made in CHINA. My 50 dollar dvd players are made thier and i have received 2 of those DOA and had to return them. The Elites are made in Japan.

Just my 2 cents

But for 1188 delivered the 7200 is an awesome deal..

OK after extensive testing of this unit all I can say now is WOW!! the Auto cal really dialed my speakers in and with the DTS soundtrack on U571 i almost dropped a load in my shorts. The soundstage was incredible. For years i had lusted after the Definitive Tech Bp 3000 speakers with the massive 18inch powered subs but after listining to this Elite receiver with my RP-5s I was totally blown away. My Yamaha DSP A3090 was a great Hometheater amp but always seemed to lack that gut wrenching low bass i was Looking for. Well I found it. Crystal clear highs And gut wrenching lows. Serouisly must have been in the 20hz range (high) Im not quite sure what the RPs are rated at but I used its full capacity. I was at -12 on the Volume and my 20X12 listining room was immersed underwater with Matthew and Harvey aboard U571. Just amazing detail and power. My brother in law just got the 45tx with Klipsch ref Bookshelfs and a SVS sub. I will be hooking that up soon and will compare but right now i am in Home theater heaven!