sony dvp-ns905v

USparc

Very nice player.

Before buying this one I checked out the pioneer dv-656SA and the Philips 963SA.

I was looking for a very good all in one player -> cd/dvd(-audio)/sacd

The pioneer is nice but in CD and certainly SACD less than the Sony and Philips.

The Philips has trouble with the software which is upgradeable (That is a positive thing because there are some bugs in it). I prefer a player that is good from the start.

The Sony proofs this. It never fails (during review and up till now) and the interface is flawless. The build quality is very solid. It makes no noise at all when operational. This is certainly an issue with my older pioneer dv-525. The dv-656SA is also very quiet. Never thought I would go Sony again??!! But it was imho obvious to do so.

Stepping back from the pioneer I am missing now dvd-audio which is a minor thing because I m in the SACD camp (certainly the multichannel one) .

Enjoy the picture. Yep it is the silver one. Never thought I would go silver either??!! But it has something .???

Any thoughts ???

post-6167-13819248384486_thumb.jpg