Bi-wiring KLF-20's

Lankhoss

I still don't quite fully understand bi-wiring, so my question is about two different types of hookups, and what the advantages would be of each one. I originally just bought bi-wiring cable, and ran it out of one output. It has 4 terminals at the speaker end, one set for the low end, and another for the high. After thinking about it, and also talking with a friend of mine....I figured it might be more beneficial to hook up separate pairs of speaker wires from two different outputs of the receiver (using the "B" speaker outputs, and setting that output for front bi-wiring through the receiver). Originally, I thought that separating the terminals on the speakers would create two separate 16 ohm loads, as opposed to one 8 ohm load when both reds and blacks were shorted together.........thus, putting less stress on my amp. Obviously, it is far more complicated than that. Right now I have them setup the second way I listed, with two separate pairs of speaker wires. Although the one set of bi-wires actually has the low pair and high pair wrapped differently to pass the dedicated frequencies better, I still thought that running two separate outputs to the same tower would still be better than using one. It seems as though it sounded better with the one set of bi-wires though. Can someone explain to me the differences and benefits of each hookup, and in a way that I can understand it? :)

Thanks!