An ancient Roman building

Ok.

I am in the process of chassis layout and design for Lessard's Pantheon preamplifier. I have the perfect chassis for the project (black powder coated sturdy box), and have spent some time planning locations for octal sockets. I would be interesting to try this design with an SS rectifier, which could provide some good dynamics and drive in the lower frequency ranges. I have built both SS and tube rectified preamps in the past, and both have advantages.

A matching chassis for the Horus would be nice, but there is no way in heck I can afford that right now. I have many of the parts on hand, except for the power transformer and filter chokes. The rest is pretty straightforward. Give me a couple of weeks, and I'll report on that. I want to use an all metal (but decent looking chassis) also because it offers better immunity to RFI and EMI). Wooden chassis with top plates are hard to beat visually, though! In that case, sometimes making sure the volume control housings are thoroughly grounded can help with noise/hum rejection. I'm talking about the body of the pot, itself, not the ground lug connection on it. I will use shielded cable (low capacitance silver shield with silver conductor/Teflon insulation)in all critical signal paths.

Once the chassis is punched and drilled (thankfully I don't have to use a dull punch!)the wiring should go quickly.

So, I'll see you in couple of weeks with hoepfully something to say about the Pantheon. Please feel free to email me -- either about a Horus interest, or whatever.

Enjoy and have fun!

Erik