Tubes, clean sockets & good soldering

leok

Since picking up my Chorus-IIs, I've had a miserable time getting the SET amps to sound even reasobable. Well, It's a hot humid summer in MA and I haven't been as careful as I should be.

I found 2 cold solder joints in the right amp 6SN7 circuits, and grunge on all 6SN7 and 2A3 sockets. Also, the socket terminals were not holding the tube pins with enough force.

With all of that cleaned up, the parafeed Moondogs are gold with the Chorus-IIs. I've removed all damping mods I added and the sound is great.

Dean, The RF-7s are in a smaller room (office, I'm listening to them now .. various pieces by Vaughan Williams), powered by the pp amps. Corrosion on the 110V line fuse caused one amp stop stop working around the time I picked up the Chorus-IIs. I was too distracted to figure out what was wrong. Anyway, the RF-7s still take the speaker disappearance and clean high end prize. I think Klipsch has a 2-way that is so far ahead in it's class that people don't even know what it is.

leok