I need receiver advice for my new Klipschs...

Bobcat979

Hey everyone, I just became a member of this forum and am going to be a proud owner of Klipsch speakers very soon. I'm going to be purchasing some Reference Series RB-35s as fronts and the RC-25 as the center (I'm still deciding on surrounds). Anyway, since Klipsch speakers are very high efficiency speakers, I was wondering what kind of receiver I should look into. From what I've heard, Klipsch speakers don't need a whole lot of power. My current receiver is a Sony STR-DE935, which is out of date because it doesn't have Pro Logic II, DD-EX and DTS-ES, plus, I think it might be too powerful. I'm hoping to get something that has really good sound for my new speakers, sounds nice and clear, and won't be too powerful. My budget is between $500-$1000 (maybe a little more if it means getting what I need). Thanks in advance for any help. 1.gif

Welcome to the Forum.Your new speakers will be about 96db efficient.When people talk about Klipsch efficiency,they often have in mind the Heresy series.While your 35s are relatively efficient,and they will not require the watts of many others,many receivers in your price range will be a suitable match.Listen for clean moderate wattage levels-You don't need 100 watts/channel to enjoy your Klipsch.On the other hand,there is nothing wrong with having a hundred if the first few sound good.My Marantz 9200 is rated @ 140/channel x 7.I usually listen to about one of those watts with Kornerhorns,but it is a pretty clean ss sound.Try to audition with 35s,& buy according to your ears.

SSH1.gif