Bi-wiring some speakers in 5.1 system, but not others -- problem?

I have a 5.1 Reference HT system. I just purchased a 10ft/pair and 15ft/pair of high-grade Monster speaker cable (so 4 lines of speaker cable). I'm going to wire my 2 fronts w/ the 2 15 ft lines, but since I have a remaining pair of 10 ft lines, I figure that I will bi-wire my center speaker. Thus, my center will be bi-wired, but my fronts (and surrounds, for that matter) will not be bi-wired. Question: could this produce any sort negative effect? I can't think of any, but any thoughts would be appreciated.

well, this topic will open a can of worms.

Some people think that speaker cable, as long as it is decent, does not make a difference. Fewer think that simply bi-wiring makes no difference.

Polk Audio states that while the gains are nominal (bi-wiring) there are gains. It would be interesting to see what the people at Klipsch think about this (hint hint administrator).

I personally believe that bi-wiring does help EVER SO SLIGHTLY. My system is bi-wired with Kimber Kable and the cost was around $1,300 to do a 6.1 set-up. If I had to do it over again I would not have done this and spent the $650 on other components.

To answer your question, I do not think it will negatively impact your system. While it may not help it certainly will not hurt anything but your pocketbook.

There will be no negative impact. IMO, biwiring offeres marginal improvements but if you do make multiple changes each offering marginal improvement, you wind up with substantial improvement. Klipsch surround speakers are not set up for biwire. I biwire my systems when possible.